AUSTIN AREA PSYCHIATRISTS
- Kenton Brown, M.D. 512-454-7741
- Bernard Cordoba, M.D. 512-451-4448
- Ian Crooks, M.D. 512-454-7741
- Michele Hauser, M.D. 512-302-1954
- Shiva K. Lam, M.D. 512-467-2840
- Samuel Gary Lusk, M.D. 512-306-0002
- William Privitera, M.D. 512-327-8500
- Ingrid Schmidt, M.D. 512-453-2755
- Daniel N. Skoglund, M.D. 512-419-0100
- Christine Warmann, M.D. 512-401-0005
- Texas Department of Insurance (TDI)Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners (TSBSWE)Texas Department of Family and Protective ServicesTexas Department of Health and Human Services
AUSTIN COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Austin Police Dept. Victim Services 512-974-5037Hotline 512-472-HELP (4357)Lifeworks 512-735-2400SafePlace 512-267-SAFE (7233)
- American Hypnosis Board for Clinical Social Work
- American Psychiatric AssociationAmerican Psychological AssociationAmerican Society of Clinical HypnosisAssociation for Applied
- Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB)CareConnect, USA Financial Assistance For Families HotlineCentral Texas Society of
- Clinical HypnosisHelp Starts Here—National Association of Social WorkersHYPNOSIS Listserv—Sponsored by ASCH and SCEH (Professional degree required)International Society of HypnosisNational Association of Social Workers (NASW)Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis (SCEH)
- Still Face Experiment: Dr. Edward Tronick
This brief video features Dr. Edward Tronick, Director of the UMass Boston’s Infant-Parent Mental Health Program describing a video where a mother with a young child shows the power of withholding facial expressions in the Still Face Experiment.
- Interview with Cheryl Bemel, Ph.D. about hypnotherapy (6:03)
This is a very informative TV interview with Cheryl Bemel, Ph.D. about the uses and characteristics of hypnosis. This interview will be helpful for anyone interested in how hypnosis can assist people with physical and/or emotional problems. (08/15/2016)
- On Being—from American Public Media with Krista Tippett
On Being is a series of marvelous conversations about the big questions at the center of human life, from the boldest new science of the human brain to the most ancient traditions of the human spirit, including spirituality, science, and relationships.
- The Tantalizing Links between Gut Microbes and the Brain
Scientific American article from October 24, 2015. Neuroscientists are probing the idea that intestinal microbiota might influence brain development and behavior.
- 6 Syndromes with Surprising Psychotherapy Solutions
Scientific American article from April 9, 2015. Ailments we typically think of as bodily might be improved by thought alone.
- Carl Sagan—Pale Blue Dot (YouTube Video)
An illuminating astronomical look at our Earth's place in the cosmos.
- Cerebral Palsy and Depression
An article by Alex Diaz-Granados about Cerebral Palsy and depression in children.